“A restaurant operator first, a franchisor second,” La Boucherie is able to provide benchmark levels of support for franchise partners
Keep up to date with the latest Global Franchise News sent straight to your inbox. Sign up here.
Authenticity, quality, unity, and identity are just some of the values characterizing the essence, success, and reputation of La Boucherie; specialist in traditional French meat cuisine. With a firm focus on high-quality products served in a typical French bistro-style, La Boucherie manages the entire food supply chain – from its meat-processing plant to the trained, friendly staff.
The brand was born in 1974, when a former butcher decided to transform his traditional butcher’s shop located in Megève, France, into a ‘butcher style restaurant’. In 1997, the brand became a franchise business and began spreading throughout France and abroad, with its first international franchises opening in Switzerland and Thailand. The first La Boucherie in the U.S. opened in 2018, next to Universal Studios in Orlando.
Today, La Boucherie has over 140 restaurants spread across four continents, with 13 of those establishments based outside metropolitan France. The group is a leader in the grilled meats market segment in France. Consumers elected it ‘Best Chain 2017-2018’ in the restaurant category, while economics magazine Capital awarded it ‘Best Brand 2019’ for its customer service. The magazine has also named La Boucherie ‘Best Employer’ in the restaurant industry for the second year running.
As a member of the French Franchise Federation, La Boucherie will be attending the Franchise Expo Paris 2020. The whole team will be at the Expo from 22 to 25 March 2020, ready to talk to visitors at stand R42 – S41, where they can discover a strong and proven concept.
ADAPTABLE FORMATS FOR DIFFERENT TERRITORIES
As a concept, La Boucherie is focused on the quality of its meat and products along with the introduction of the French culinary tradition to a large swathe of the public – regardless of age or socio-economic class. The restaurant franchise has a marked identity and is renowned for its warm, welcoming atmosphere. With experience gleaned across different territories in terms of culture and eating habits, La Boucherie has shown its capability and expertise in adapting and duplicating its concept in terms of both its menu and products.
A FRANCHISOR WITH YOU ALL THE WAY
La Boucherie is an organized, experienced group that accompanies its franchise partners by providing them with its assets:
• Supply chain: La Boucherie takes pride in its exclusive meat-processing plant which selects, cuts, ages, and packs beef according to the best traditional practices of French butchers. It also ensures the quality and traceability of its products.
Depending on the market, the meat-processing plant is responsible for the delivery of supplies. Otherwise, the group’s meat expert, along with the franchisee, will source the products locally according to La Boucherie’s specifications.
• Delivery platform: The group runs its own distribution platform for all branded products and dry goods.
• Training: The group operates its own ISO 9001 and Veriselect accredited training center and provides a full training program to the franchisee and staff before and during the unit’s opening. The operations manager will support the franchisee throughout the endeavor, as well as impart expertise.
• Customized assistance: The partner benefits from a dedicated team (marketing, operations, development, etc.) which provides support.
La Boucherie is currently looking for independent businesses or entrepreneurs with a managerial spirit and the ability to develop a long-term business plan, ideally for multi-units.
In order to successfully open and operate their first unit, the ideal partner should have:
• Experience in the management of a profit center (business owner, existing franchisee, master franchisee, franchisor, food operator, hospitality industry operator, hotel owner)
• Organizational skills and the willingness to operate two to five units according to a defined development plan
• Knowledge of the local market (real estate, network, legal aspects)
• Willingness to follow the La Boucherie requirements and processes to ensure the brand’s image and success
La Boucherie is particularly interested in highly motivated, experienced people. “Our partners must first and foremost share the group’s values such as passion, product quality, and unceasing customer commitment.”
AT A GLANCE
Name of franchise: La Boucherie
Number of franchised outlets: 125
Location of units: France, U.S., Thailand, Russia, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Morocco
Investment range: €300,000 – €1M
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or +33 (0)2 4196 9972
With competition from digital players growing rapidly, established franchises must innovate to stay ahead13 Dec 2019 | Read Article >
The American ice cream staple continues franchise growth efforts into the Copper State09 Dec 2019 | Read Article >
The CCPA may require franchisors to add new policies, systems, and processes to comply with the new law. Here's what you need to know09 Dec 2019 | Read Article >
For further information on the Tiger Bills franchise please submit your details below.