Germany’s first international franchise fair throws opens its doors at Frankfurt this September
The world’s leading franchise fair organiser MFV Expositions (a division on Comexposium) is bringing the international world of franchising to Germany for the first time. Over 100 exhibitors from around the world, including famous brands and numerous newcomers, are expected at Franchise Expo Frankfurt, which is held in conjunction with the Deutscher Franchiseverband, from 27 to 29 September 2018. This essential fair and its comprehensive programme are designed to appeal strongly to prospective franchisees, as well as to franchisors and master franchisees.
Franchising is important to the German economy. Current figures testify to continuous national growth in franchise partners and business. Franchising in Germany is responsible for 700,000 employees and enjoys a turnover of almost 104 billion euros. Rapid access to market and minimal set-up risks add particular value, and not just for novices.
The concept for Franchise Expo Frankfurt follows the proven American model. MFV Expositions’ has unrivalled experience in this field; for more than 25 years the company has organised successful franchise fairs around the world and every year mounts major expos at dozens of locations in the United States. Essential events in the franchising calendar include MFV shows in New York, Los Angeles, Ft. Lauderdale, Chicago and Dallas. These expositions are of increasing importance in global franchising, and notable MFV expos held abroad include those in England, Ireland, Japan, Mexico and Spain.
Tom Portesy, MFV’s president & CEO, is enthusiastic about his new involvement in Germany. “Germany has the strongest economy in Europe, which is why the country deserves a first-class, international franchise fair,” he says. “We are convinced that the fair will be a great event.”
As far as Deutscher Franchiseverband, (German Franchise Association) is concerned, cooperation with such seasoned American experts is a significant strategic step. Torben Leif Brodersen, Managing Director, Deutscher Franchiseverband, put it this way: “We are delighted that we are now able to set up a trade fair on this scale specialising in franchising together with an international company like MFV. In our role as cooperation partner, we will do everything we can to actively help franchise systems to recruit partners.”
Nothing shouts louder about a show’s promise than the caliber of its exhibitors. At Frankfurt, potential franchisees can consult with representatives from these top brands: McDonalds, Rainbow International, Bodystreet, Subway, Backwerk, TeeGschwendner, Mail Boxes (Etc), ReMax, Engel&Völkers, Maison du Pain, Action Coach, Advanta Clean, Cartridge World, Papa John’s, Sushi Wok, United Franchise Group and Wayback Burgers. There are newcomers too and exhibitors with innovative franchise ideas from various countries are expected, such as Pirnar, from Slovenia, which produces high-level doors.
The comprehensive conference programme with expert presentations and workshops is directed towards potential start-ups and existing franchisees who want to pursue a lucrative multi-unit partnership. Discussion panels will deal with how to succeed in franchising, and its financial and legal frameworks. Also offered are workshops on customer acquisition and successful company expansion.
Conference Programme includes:
Buying a Franchise
• Why buy a franchise?
• How to select a healthy, sustainable franchise?
• Am I the right person for a franchise?
• How to find finance?
• How to find real estate?
• Why do I have to pay an initial fee and royalties?
• Women and franchising
• Do I have to stick to the rules?
• What is a master franchisee?
• How do I buy an existing franchise unit?
Franchising your Business
• Why should I franchise my business?
• Is your business franchisable?
• What do I have to do before becoming a franchisor?
• Why do I have to set rules?
• How do I find franchisees?
• Will my bank support me? Financing options available for becoming a franchisor
• Why do I have to write everything down? The importance of knowledge transfer
• Quick sale or long-term partner? The biggest mistakes when recruiting your first franchisees
• Subsidiaries or franchise unit?
• Profit or losses? The importance of the pilot operation
Developing your existing franchise
• How do I expand my franchise domestically?
• Growth opportunities? Develop your best performers into multi-unit franchisees
• How can I keep control? Tools to improve your franchisees’ performance
• Do I need social media to attract franchisees?
• Why go abroad?
• Multi-brand master franchising?
• Does culture matter? How to best enter the German market as a foreign franchisor
• Are there legal challenges? FDDs and other strange terms explained
• Help from associations? How DFV and IFA can assist your international expansion
Opportunities for existing franchisees
• How do I find customers?
• Growth opportunities for franchisees
• Growth opportunities for master franchisees
• Partner or enemy? The franchisor-franchisee relationship
• Why meet people? Personal network vs virtual networks on social media
• Success or failure? Real-life example of a franchisee and his recipe for success
• Why contracts? The rights and obligations of franchisees and franchisors
• Fast take-off or slow climb? Avoiding the biggest hurdles when growing your unit
• Legal battle or clever negotiation? Settling disputes when things go wrong
About Deuscher Franchiseverband
Deutscher Franchiseverband represents the interests of the German franchise industry in national and international economic and political environments. It was founded in 1978 and its head office is in Berlin. The Deutscher Franchiseverband is the industry’s quality association and represents franchisers and franchisees alike. The association currently covers more than 320 franchise systems. In 2016 the 950 franchisers active in Germany achieved turnover of 104 billion euros in conjunction with approx. 119,302 franchisees and 697,532 employees. Visit www.franchiseverband.com, www.twitter.com/DFVBerlin and www.facebook.com/franchisewirtschaft for further information.
AT A GLANCE
WHAT: Franchise Expo Frankfurt
WHERE: Messe Frankfurt Venue GmbH, Ludwig-Erhard-Anlage 1, D-60327 Frankfurt am Main
WHEN: September 27-29 2018
CONTACT: email@example.com; ++49 ( 0) 69 3085 5045
For further information on the Tiger Bills franchise please submit your details below.